Against exploitation, pornography and sex tourism with minors
In accordance with Law 679 of August 3, 2001, issued by the Congress of the Republic, which establishes provisions to prevent and counteract exploitation, pornography and sex tourism with minors.
In accordance with the provisions of this Law, all persons must prevent, block, combat and denounce the exploitation, hosting, use, publication, dissemination of images, texts, documents, audiovisual archives, misuse of global information networks, or Establishment of telematic links of any kind related to pornographic material or allusions to sexual activities of minors.
If you know a case report anonymously in:
Or use the ICBF's complaint line with the national line of attention and receipt of complaints 24 hours 01 8000 112 440 or line 106
Pursuant to article 17 of Law 679 of 2001, the Company warns the tourist that the exploitation and sexual abuse of minors in the country are criminally and administratively sanctioned, according to the laws in force. Likewise and in order to comply with Resolution 3840 of December 24, 2009 and according to Article 1 of Law 1336 of July 21, 2009, GLOBALTRIPS S.A.S. Adopted a model Code of Conduct, in order to prevent and prevent the sexual exploitation of children and adolescents in tourism.
Code of Conduct and Prevention ESCNNA
GLOBALTRIPS TRAVEL AGENCY and all persons related to the provision of its services undertake to:
- To refrain from offering in tourist promotion programs and tourist plans, expressly or surreptitiously, plans for the sexual exploitation of children and adolescents.
- Refrain from giving information to the tourists, directly or by interposed person about places from where they coordinate or practice commercial sexual exploitation of children.
- Refrain from driving tourists, directly or through third parties, to establishments or places where commercial sexual exploitation of children is practiced, as well as to drive tourists to places where tourists are staying, even if they are located boats In Altamar, for the purpose of commercial sexual exploitation of children and adolescents.
- Refrain from providing vehicles on tourist routes for exploitation or sexual abuse with children.
- To prevent the entry of children and adolescents to hotels or places of accommodation and lodging, bars, similar businesses and other establishments in which tourist services are provided, for purposes of exploitation or sexual abuse.
- Adopt measures to prevent staff linked to any title with the company, offer tourist services that allow sexual activity with children and adolescents.
- Report to the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism and other competent authorities the facts of which it has been informed by any means, as well as the existence of places, related to the sexual exploitation of children and adolescents and to ensure that within the For the corresponding complaint to the competent authorities.
- Design and disseminate within the company and with its suppliers of goods and services a policy in which the provider establishes measures to prevent and counteract all forms of sexual exploitation of children and adolescents in travel and tourism.
- Train all personnel related to the company, in the face of the prevention of commercial sexual exploitation of children and adolescents.
- Inform its users about the legal consequences in Colombia of the exploitation and sexual abuse of children and adolescents.
- Establish in a visible place for employees of the establishment or commercial establishments the present Code of Conduct and other commitments and measures that the provider wishes to assume in order to protect children and adolescents.
¿What is ESCNNA?:
It consists in the use of the body of a child or his or her representation for the purpose of domination, gratification or profit, in exchange for tangible or intangible remuneration, or a promise of compensation for the child-to or for another person. The child is treated as a sexual object and merchandise. It is a form of inhuman, cruel and degrading treatment and, therefore, assimilable to torture.
What are their modalities?
Use of children in Prostitution.
- It is the commercialization of sexual activities of any nature with minors in exchange for money, goods or services; Includes the offer, intermediation, contact and sexual "encounter" in open or reserved streets or businesses.
- It includes the use of children in live pornographic shows, whether performed in public or private.
Pornography with boys and girls.
- The production of materials (photographs, negatives, slides, magazines, books, drawings, films, videotapes, computer discs or archives) representing children involved in explicit or suggested, actual or simulated sexual activities or Sexual parts of a child-a, for erotic or commercial purposes.
- The distribution, marketing, purchase, sale and exchange of these materials.
- The exhibition or dissemination by any means, in public or in private.
- Possession or possession of same.
Trafficking in children for sexual purposes
- It consists of "recruitment, transportation, transfer, reception or reception of persons, by resorting to the threat or use of force or other forms of coercion, to abduction, fraud, deception, abuse of power or Of a situation of vulnerability or the granting or receipt of payments or benefits to obtain the consent of a person having authority over another for the purpose of exploitation "(Protocol to prevent, suppress and sanction trafficking in persons, especially women and children. Palermo.2000)
Sexual exploitation of children and adolescents associated with travel and tourism
- It consists of the offer and / or sexual use of children by persons traveling from one country to another, or between cities of the same country.
- The exploiters use the facilities offered by the tourist industry (hotels, bars, nightclubs, etc.)
- Generally speaking, sexual thongs are arranged informally among friends or colleagues, pedophiles or not, and in some cases involving travel agents.
Early marriages or servile marriage
- It consists of the "blind sale" of girls, in the form of legal marriages, to be subjected to sexual and domestic servitude; The husband - generally an adult much older than the girl and with a superior economic position - pays a sum of money or a "contribution" to the family for the girl and then submits her to having sexual relations.
- Sometimes it involves transfer of the child to another city or country.
- The family perceives the husband as "benefactor"
Use of children in armed groups (illegal)
- Many children involved in armed conflict suffer from the trauma of war, not only as witnesses to the murders of their families, but also kidnapped, forcedly recruited and abused and sexually exploited.
- These children are forced to engage in sexual relations with adults in military units and are forced to engage in intelligence activities through sexual exchanges with opposing groups; In other cases the children are moved by pimps to camps where they remain for days or weeks subject to multiple and successive violations; Other times the IGAs control prostitution zones where they are required to pay taxes to transit or remain in some areas or subjected to harassment and sexual abuse.