Nuquí, experiencing paradise
4 days - Beach, Jungle, Waterfalls and Hot Springs
Nuquí, is an amazing destination between sea and jungle, with kilometers of empty beaches, waterfalls, natural hot springs, surfing, birds, and mangroves. This place is ideal for disconnecting from the day to day and connect with natural life.
Nuquí offers a unique experience, an exchange with the local community and an exquisite gastronomy with fresh fish and organic fruits from the region.
!Don´t wait any longer, decide to travel to Nuquí, the program to this destination will allow you to interact with nature while at the same time have all the necessary amenities for a spectacular trip!
Considered the best beaches of the Colombian Pacific, on the beaches of Guachalito we will have the opportunity to enjoy all the charms and attractions of Nuquí.
This trip includes:
- Pick up and welcome at the Nuquí airport and help with luggage
- Boat transportation Nuquí - Hotel - Nuquí
- Delicious welcome beverage
- Lodging in comfortable cabanas or private rooms (private bathroom, bed with bug net, beach access)
- All meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday, prepared with products from the region and fresh fish from the sea (we accommodate dietary restrictions)
- Refreshments: juice, coffee and sweets from the region.
- Day tour along the beach to the Joví River or the natural hot springs
- Nature walk to Cascada del amor Waterfall
- Nuquí tourism tax $8.000cop, Entrance fee to the natural hot springs (paid to the community) $13.000cop per person, Chingo ride along the Joví river (paid to community) $55.000cop
- Unspecified consumption, expenses and activities not described in the program.
Day 1. Medellín - Nuquí
Welcome. To start the journey you will be picked up and welcomed by our native guide at the Nuquí airport, they will lead you to the dock where you will catch the boat for a 45 minute ride to the hotel. Lunch will be followed by a 30 minute nature walk to the ´Cascada del Amor´ or the Waterfall of Love, a short cascade in the untouched jungle with a pool of crystal clear water where you can bathe and cool off while admiring the surrounding nature in this calm and relaxing spot.
**For the programs that include flights: Meet at the Enrique Olaya Herrera Airport (located in the center of Medellín) at 7am so you can check in for the flight to Nuquí. Flight duration is approximately 45 minutes.
Day 2. Nuquí - Rio Joví or Natural hot springs
After breakfast you will be taken for a walk along the beach until you reach the settlement of Joví. Upon arrival you will receive an introductory briefing from the ´Pichinde´ local community about how important the business that you bring for the community is and the benefits it brings to its population. A guide will then lead you to the river to ride the artisan canoe used in the area, known as ´chingo´, this canoe is maneuvered by the guide using a large wooden stick. You will go along the river and through the amazing tunnels formed naturally by ´pichinde´ trees until you reach the beautiful waterfall to bathe in its natural pool. Enjoy your refreshing drinks and swim in the waters before you journey back to the hotel. Lunch will be waiting for you and you have the afternoon free at your disposal.
If you choose the hot springs option, after breakfast you will be led on a walk south along the beach towards the settlement of Termales, crossing beautiful streams and clear water rivers, soft sand beaches and some rocks, you will follow crabs and enjoy the landscape and the contrast between the sea and the jungle. Termales is an organized native settlement where after walking for 5 minutes towards the jungle we can find a beautiful and gentle natural hot spring in the middle of the jungle.
Day 3. Nuquí
Free day for you to enjoy some of the many available activities in Nuquí. If you´re looking for another excursion we highly recommend a visit to Utría National Natural Park, trekking across the jungle to the Cuatro Encantos waterfall, Joví river or the natural hot springs and a visit to the Jagua Indigenous Community (which can be arranged with our native guide at the hotel). There is also frog sighting, scuba diving and surfing for the more adventurer.
Day 4. Nuquí - Medellín
After breakfast you will ride the boat to Nuquí Airport and catch your flight back. You will have a bit of time to go for a brief walk around the town of Nuquí and buy some of the artisan crafts, made by the afro-colombian and indigenous communities. We will be back in Medellin by 12:30.
Prices per person per night in double occupancy, include VAT tax . Foreigner must present passport to apply discount of VAT tax.
* Precio incluye IVA e impuesto hotelero.
Select an experience according to your needs:
|Vida y Naturaleza|
Easy to get
Learn more about our Classification of Nature Experiences
It is recommended to bring:
- Flashlight - hopefully with rechargeable battery-
- Mecca, sweets or drink of your choice- in Nuquí you can also buy before starting the trip although some exclusive items are not easy to get in the area.
- Light clothes:
- Woman: lycras up to the middle of the leg - they are super practical -
- Man: shorts, and slim and comfortable sweatshirt for the jungle
- T-shirts (man) or blouse (women) with long sleeves to sleep if they are
- Friolent and sensitive to the breeze
- Lightweight layer for walking in rain forest
- Slim and practical shirts for walks
- Bags for not getting wet (camera, money, suitcases)
- Tennis or practical booties for beach and comfortable for jungle too
- And personal elements that create convenient - in the cabins you will find lingerie, reading material-
Travel Insurance TOTAL included in this tourist package